Come Dive the Adventure in the islands made famous by divers!
Ports of Call Resort/Caicos Adventures
November 28 - December 2, 2012
16 Oceanblue Divers
$949 per diver, double occupancy
$1249 per diver, single occupancy
$599 per non-diver, double occupancy (please use discount code TCIND12)
$899 per non-diver, single occupancy (please use discount code TCIND12)
October 15, 2012
Monday, November 19, 2012 - Attendance at orientation is required. Please put this date in your calendar and plan to attend. Please let us know if you have extenuating circumstances and we will do our best to accommodate you.
About this trip:
Oceanblue is making its return visit to Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos islands (aka, Provo to locals and frequent visitors) for the first time since 2010. If you've been to Turks and Caicos you know the diving is fantastic, and the topside is equally beautiful. For those who've never been, here's the lowdown:
At the end of the Bahamas island chain and just north of the Dominican Republic lie the Turks and Caicos islands, now a destination for the rich and famous, but for a long time visited almost solely by divers. Why? Because the Turks and Caicos have one of the most extensive barrier reefs in the world, the second largest in the western hemisphere. Sporting amazing corals and some of the greatest biodiversity in this part of the world, the islands also have some of the bluest water and the whitest sand beaches anywhere. So come on and join Oceanblue for some fantastic diving in pristine waters in the Turks and Caicos Islands!
Ports of Call Resort:
The Ports of Call Resort is located within the beautiful Grace Bay area on Providenciales, just a short fifteen minute drive from Providenciales airport. The property features a reception area, business center, breakfast room, fitness room, and poolside bar. Rooms are located in two three story buildings surrounding a lush tropical pool area creating an intimate boutique setting.
For your enjoyment the tropical outdoor facilities include a poolside bar with lounge, pool, hot tub and comfortable chaise lounges, patio seating, shade umbrellas, and towels.
Ports of Call Resort has a designated beach access to the awe-inspiring Grace Bay Beach complete with lounges, umbrellas and tiki-huts and is only 300 yards from the property. A complimentary shuttle runs each hour. Beach towels are provided.
The shops adjacent to Ports of Call offer a variety of restaurants, bars, spa, hair salon, ice cream parlour, fishing charters, auto and scooter rental, several gift and clothing stores.
Another great thing about Turks is accessibility; the islands are under three hours away on a non-stop flight and are now served by American Airlines and Jet Blue, with non-stops from JFK. Flights are currently coming in at under $400 on AA, round trip. You will want to book your flights as soon as possible to take advantage of these low fares.
- 4 nights in a newly renovated deluxe room
- Daily continental breakfast
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- 3 days x 2-tank boat dives with Caicos Adventures
- Round trip transfers between hotel and dive shop/boat
- Tanks and weights
- All hotel taxes and energy charges
- Open Water Checkout Dives: $349
- Pool Refresher Course: If you have not been diving in the previous two years we strongly advise you to take a pool refresher. We can arrange this for $95.
- Sharing: All rooms are double occupancy (unless an upgrade is purchased), but if you're traveling single, we will match you up with a roommate.
- Rooming requests: If you would like to room with someone specific, both parties must make a request by email and we will make every effort to accommodate you based upon availability and other roommate matching for the trip.† Significant others/spouses are guaranteed a shared room.
- Availability: Room space is available by gender on a first come, first served basis until all our reserved rooms are full. Signing up early will help assure that you have a space.
- Capacity: We will do our best to accommodate additional travelers if the reserved rooms fill up, but there is no guarantee. Please sign up as early to guarantee yourself a space. It is likely this trip will fill up quickly, so don't delay, our trips have been overfilling. You are also much more likely to get a good price on a flight if you plan ahead.
- Rooming Guarantee:
- If you sign up by the deadline for a double-occupancy room and the trip is not at capacity, you are guaranteed the double-occupancy room price even if there is no one to fill the other space in your room. This means it is possible you will have a room to yourself.††
- Beyond the trip capacity or after the sign-up deadline there may be additional rooms available, but at the discretion of Oceanblue you may be required to pay for a single room until a suitable roommate is signed up.
- Lunch/dinner (a restaurant onsite, several are adjacent to the hotel, and there are numerous in town town)
- Gear is available for rental.
- Custom intineraries are available. Stay longer, arrive earlier, we can arrange an itinerary outside the group dates to fit your needs. Please call us at 212.729.4646 or email us for more information.
All divers on an Oceanblue trip are required to use a dive computer for every dive they do. It is not acceptable to rely on the dive computer of your buddy, as your profiles will differ slightly. If you do not own one, you can rent one from the dive operation, or let us know and we can rent one to you as well. Please make arrangements, there are no exceptions to this rule, it's for your own safety. If you have questions about this, you can always email us.
This trip is:
- Good for inexperienced and experienced divers alike.
- Great for non-divers!
- Will include an instructor escort/trip leader. If you need to do your open water certification dives, you can do them on this trip!*
- Refreshers are required for those divers that have not been in the water in the last 2 years. Normally $95, but reduced to $50 for those coming on the trip. Please email us to schedule a refresher.
Trip insurance is highly recommended to protect your travel investment. Weather events, illnesses and other eventualities that could impact your trip are covered by travel insurance providers (be sure to read the policy carefully before purchasing to see what is covered) Our recommended provider is through DAN (Divers Alert Network). You can purchase trip insurance by clicking below:
Click the image above to purchase travel insurance
Dive Accident Insurance
All divers on an Oceanblue Divers trip are required to carry some sort of dive accident insurance. Our recommended vendor for that is Diver's Alert Network (DAN), a not-for-profit organization that does tons of research in the field of dive medicine, hyperbarics, and the like. Their dive accident insurance is second to none, is not costly, and is worth it. Any similar dive accident insurance is also accepted. You will be required to give your DAN membership number or similar policy number before travel documents can be issued. Click the DAN logo above to be taken to the DAN insurance page (you will be required to join DAN, but membership includes a subscription to their magazine Alert Diver, which is worth the price of membership on its own!).
* Need to do your open water checkout dives? An instructor on the trip can certify you (with proper documentation) for an extra fee.† Please note: we must receive notification in writing by email from both parties wishing to room together confirming that they wish to share a room.†† Rooming assignments are at the discretion of Oceanblue Divers. Single-occupancy double rooms will be assigned based on a number of considerations, including sign up date, earlier signups are given first consideration).
By credit card:
You can pay by credit card by clicking the "Register" button below (you must be logged in to be able to see the button and register).
Make checks out to Oceanblue Divers and mail to:
P.O. Box 1153
New York NY 10009-1153
Important: please be sure to email us if you are paying by check to let us know to be on the lookout for it.
Please note, there are no refunds once payment is made.
The Next Generation Dive Club
P.O. Box 1153
New York, NY 10009
Toll free: 800.688.DIVE (3483)