Coral Spawning and Critter Hunt with Ned and Anna DeLoach!
Register at the bottom of the page - You must be logged in to register!
Pricing (see below for details):
From $1049 per person, double occupancy
Buddy Dive Resort, Bonaire
September 1-September 8, 2012
One female spot left!
These orientations are where we talk about trip details, collect forms and have the first meeting with the others on the trip. Since there are going to be folks going from both New York and Connecticut on this trip, there will be two orientations. Please mark your calendar for one or the other.
New York: Monday, August 13, 7:00pm, @Location TBA
This is our third visit to Buddy Dive Resort during Coral Spawning Week in the sunny southern Caribbean where you can Dive Your Face Off day and night and watch the "green flash" of sunset on the water as you sip drinks at the oceanside bar and restaurant.
Any trip to Bonaire is special, as Bonaire is considered to have some of the best diving in the western hemisphere, but this trip will be truly special because our dates coincide again with the yearly coral spawning! That's right, you'll get to be a voyeur and see sex on the reef up close and personal! This is a rare event and we'll plan some night dives so we can witness things first hand.
What's more "Reef Fish" author and photographer Ned DeLoach and his wife and videographer Anna DeLoach ("Sensational Seas" 1 and 2) will be in residence at the resort, giving tips and pointers, and conducting a week-long critter hunt contest that is sure to make this one of the best and most fun dive trips ever!
We have single and double occupancy accommodations options which are available on a first come, first served basis in 2 and 3-bedroom condos. The condos are similar, the main difference being that the 2-bedroom condos have no downstairs bedroom.
Non-en-suite bedroom: Two beds, dedicated bathroom outside the room.
En-suite bedroom: Two beds with bathroom inside the room. Choose the downstairs room to save!
Non-en-suite bedroom: $1049 (PP/DO) (Please use discount code BONNES11 for this room type, limited availability)
En-suite bedroom: $1199 (PP/DO)
Single Occupancy, adds $400 (limited availability):
Non-en-suite bedroom: $1449
En-suite bedroom: $1599
- 7 nights of accommodations at Buddy Dive Resort
- Airport transfers
- 11 boat dives
- Unlimited shore diving (Dive Your FACE Off!)
- Full daily breakfast
- Shared van for driving to shore dive sites around the island (one per condo)
- UNLIMITED Nitrox (if you're not certified for Nitrox we'll offer a course in advance of the trip)!
- All taxes, service charges and energy surcharge
- Safety deposit box, lock and key
- Instructor guide/trip leader
- Fun, Fun, FUN!
*Spaces in particular rooms will be assigned on a first come, first served basis as well as by gender. This means that if a space in the downstairs bedroom of a condo is first reserved by a male, the other space must also go to a male; similarly, if the first space in the downstairs bedroom of a condo is first reserved by a female, the other space in that room must also go to a female, unless both parties agree in writing to share a room.
Specific condo and rooming requests will be accommodated if possible. All requests must be submitted in writing to
This trip is:
- Good for inexperienced divers and experienced divers alike.
- Will include an instructor escort/trip leader. If you need to do your open water certification dives, you can do them on this trip!****
- Refreshers are required for those divers that have not been in the water in the last 2 years. Normally $95, but reduced to $50 for those coming on the trip. Please email us to schedule a refresher.
- Open water dives are $249 for those wishing to complete their certifications on this trip.
- Extra nights, modified itineraries: We can add extra nights and make special arrangements for those who need them. Please
if you have questions, you will not be able to make these arrangements by contacting the resort directly.
- Lunch & dinner (we always offer an option of a group dinner for those would like to. Restaurants in Bonaire are very good about providing separate checks per person, if desired)
- Open water dives ($249, please email us to discuss these. You will be able to pay for these upon registration).
- Gear rental
- Top-side activities outside the resort
- Deposit of $500 is required to secure your space before July 1, full payment thereafter.
- Final payment for balance (if any, depending on accommodation choice) is due July 15.
- Payment by credit card: Please click the "Register" button below (you must be registered on this site and logged in).
- Payment by check: Checks should be made out to Oceanblue Divers.
Mail your check directly to:
P.O. Box 1153
New York, NY 10009-1153
Once your check is received, we will manually change your RSVP to "Yes"
to let us know you will be paying by check so that we will be on the lookout for your payment.
All payments are final. There are no refunds once payment is made.
Trip insurance is highly recommended to protect your travel investment. Weather events, illnesses and other eventualities that could impact your trip are covered by travel insurance providers (be sure to read the policy carefully before purchasing to see what is covered)
Our recommended provider is DAN (Divers Alert Network). This is different than your dive accident insurance that you might purchased through DAN. You can purchase trip insurance by clicking below:
Click the image above to purchase travel insurance
Required for all divers on an Oceanblue Divers trip:
Dive accident insurance (different from the above):
This type of insurance is also provided by DAN, is required for all divers on an Oceanblue trip. There are serveral providers for this type of insurance, and you will find more information about it on the Divers Alert Network site.
All divers are required to use a computer on every dive they do. If you do not own a computer, you can rent one from the dive shop for the week for a reasonable fee (see gear rentals table below). This is for your own safety!
*If you're traveling single, we'll match you up with a roommate, or single supplements are available for an extra fee.
** Does not include airfare.
***Don't have all your own gear? No problem, there's gear for rent on-site!
****Need to do your open water checkout dives? An instructor on the trip can certify you (with proper documentation) for an extra fee.
The following forms must be filled out and turned in prior to the trip:
Buddy Dive Gear Rental Prices (paid for at the resort):
Mask & Snorkel
|Mask, Snorkel & Fin Set
|Regulator w/Gauges & Octopus
|Dive light (without batteries)
|Octopus or Gauges
|Scuba Set (B.C., Regulator, Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Wet Suit)
America's Ultimate Scuba Diving Club
P.O. Box 1153
New York, NY 10009
You must be logged in to register for this trip.